Liberty in Your Lifetime!
The Free State Project is a mass migration of more than 20,000 people who have pledged to move to New Hampshire for liberty. By concentrating our numbers in a single state, we are maximizing our impact as activists, entrepreneurs, community builders, and thought leaders.
Free Staters are neighborly, productive folks from all walks of life, of all ages, creeds, and colors, who are on a mission to prove that more liberty leads to more prosperity for everyone. Those in New Hampshire are reaping the movement's benefits, both in our freedoms and in our quality of life, but our ultimate goal is to set an example for the rest of the world.
Destination New Hampshire
There’s no better place for liberty.
The Granite State is our chosen home for many reasons, including:
- high rankings for quality of life
- a culture of individual responsibility, independence, and self-reliance
- a low state and local tax burden
- a dynamic economy with plenty of jobs and opportunities for growth
- low crime levels
- great opportunities for activism and political involvement, including a large citizen legislature paid $100 annually
We are building the beacon!
Free Staters arrive in New Hampshire determined to protect and advance liberty. More than 6,000 are here, with new movers arriving weekly. They are busy:
- starting businesses and working in the agora
- volunteering for liberty-oriented organizations and serving as proponents of liberty in local government
- working to expand individual rights and free markets and to restore constitutional federalism
- choosing peaceful resistance to shine the light on the force that is the state
Whichever paths Free Staters take, they lead by example, through radical personal responsibility, building the beacon of liberty for the rest of the world to emulate.
About the Free State Project
The Free State Project is a 501(c)(3) educational non-profit organization, educating the public about the benefits of limited government and how they can best be achieved in New Hampshire. Curious? Meet our board and staff, read our early history, or learn about February 3, 2016, the day that we officially triggered the migration of 20,000 people to New Hampshire!
The FSP is not a political action organization. It is not tied to any political party or organization; it does not run candidates for election; it does not financially support or endorse candidates; and it does not oppose or endorse legislation. All these things may be done by people in the state in whatever ways they choose, either individually or through local organizations. The FSP does not welcome anyone who promotes violence, racial hatred, or bigotry.
"I am a friend of the Free State Project. Check it out, and if you like it, join and continue the effort."
"New Hampshire is a natural stamping-ground for freedom-lovers. It has low taxes, lean bureaucracy and some of the loosest gun laws in America. Grown-ups can ride around without seat-belts or motorcycle helmets. The right to rebel when public liberty is “manifestly endangered” is enshrined in the state constitution."